Monday, August 06, 2007

So much is going on at my house this morning!

The second 'Dill-Babe' shed!

I went out and found another 'Monarch-Babe'! This time a real 'baby'!

My first 'Monarch-Babe' made his cocoon this morning! What an amazing thing to watch! It doesn't take him long to do it, so I had to keep an eye on him for several hours so I wouldn't miss it!







In this last picture he is still wiggling around. Getting comfortable and shrinking up. I got impatient and just had to share so tomorrow I will have a picture of the finally stage.

And last, my 'Tomato-Babe' buried himself overnight. I was so disappointed. I wasn't ready for him to leave yet. And I have no idea yet how long they stay in the ground in their cocoon. I can't seem to find any information or anyone who knows that. The first one I had is still in the it's cocoon stage and it's been about 4 weeks now.

If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chron. 7:14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ask and ye shall receive:
"Fully-grown larvae then drop off of the plants and burrow into the soil to pupate. During the summer months, moths will emerge from pupae in about 2 weeks. Moths emerge from the soil, mate, and then begin to deposit the eggs of the next generation on tomato plants. By early fall, the pupae will remain in the soil all winter and emerge as a moth the following spring."
If it's been a month it sounds like your other one may not have made it.