Friday, June 24, 2011


Yesterday morning a dear friend stopped by. She was telling me about this
incredible Goodwill store find that she got: a large, handmade afghan.
She bought it and is tearing it apart for the yarn to make hats and
scarfs. This afghan had lots of long fringe that she didn't really have
any use for, so she gave it to me!
THANK YOU, DORIS!


I separated the colors,
and 'made my own yarn'!
aka: tied the pieces together end to end and
balled it up.


Then I crocheted up this 'fuzzy'
kids hat!



She also brought me a container of
her own 'tails' that she wasn't going to be
using. I added them to the fringe tails
and made this huge ball of yarn
which will be turned into a child's
knitted scarf in the next couple of days!



The Lord will lay bare His holy arm
in the sight of all the nations,
and all the ends of the earth will see
the salvation of our God.
Is. 52:10

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh fun! Some kid is going to love that hat!