Sunday, April 14, 2013


The Tree of Life Afghan that I knitted for
my first grandson was revealed yesterday!
I used the Lion Brand Tree of Life Baby Throw pattern:
It is worked with Red Heart Super Saver yarn. 
I changed the middle section of the pattern.
I found a fish motif, then surrounded it with a Ripple Stitch Pattern. 
The fish is because he will be a fisherman. 
The Ripple pattern is because one of his favorite places to 
play will be the pond!
The green border is because the color of the year for 2013 is Emerald Green. 
And for the green grass that he will be running barefooted through each summer. 
The tulip border (which looks more like
falling leaves to me!) is worked in camouflage 
because he will be hunting with his dad each fall. 
And the white shell stitch across the top is for the 
white, puffy clouds that he will be laying 
under and dreaming.  







Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.
Honor one another above yourselves. 
Romans 12:10


No comments: