Tuesday, November 13, 2007


I am missing my little critters already!
It's going to be a long winter!


Do you all remember these granny squares?
Early last spring I unexpectedly stopped at a local community garage sale. I found this large bag of granny squares. Oh so beautiful! They wanted me to take them home. So I did. I tucked them away in a corner and wondered when I would ever take the time to put them together. Sunday they called out to me and said 'now'! Ok. So I got them out and just started stitching them together. Every single square is a different color. They are so bright and beautiful. As I was putting them together I couldn't help but start thinking: where did they come from? who created them? was she a young person? an elderly person? what was going on in her life at the time? what was the plan for all these squares? what happened that they didn't get put together? now who will be warmed by such lovely squares? what is their story? how many more lives will be touched by these squares?
I feel so fortunate to be able to be a part of this story. My life was brightened by being able to work with such beautiful granny squares.

Let the name of the Lord be praised, both now and forever more.
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is t be praised.
Ps. 113: 2-3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,

That blanket looks like a country garden...so pretty! I have never learned to crochet, but have always love granny squares. Some day... I always feel a little sad when I see unfinished projects at the thrift store. I'm glad this one found a home.

Sue said...

The blanket is beautiful! I give you a lot of credit for sewing all those squares together. (That's my least favorite job!) Wouldn't it be nice if the squares could talk and tell you their history?