Sunday, March 04, 2007

Yesterday I took a short break in my knitting for other people and spent the entire day being totally selfish and doing something just for fun for me. All week my brain has just been jumping from one project to another to another. I'm sure it has something to do with the time of year. Cabin fever or something. I like to say that my creativity is kicking in! But close family members are giving it a negative twist and saying that I am bored and depressed. If I am bored and depressed then why am I so excited and thrilled about working on something different and happy with the results? (personally, I think they are jealous! LOL!)


So, anyway, this was my first project yesterday. A new purse/bag for me. I think it came out being larger than I had wanted. But the only jeans I had to work with were either very small (from back in my skinny days!) or very large (ones that never fit anyway!). I have several other purses that I have made, but they all seemed to be too small, so I went with the larger jeans. There is plenty of room inside for anything I may need! I even made a special pocket on the inside to hold my knitting! And of course, room for my camera! Those were the two things that I really needed more room for!



And this was my second project. A knitted rug using plastic grocery bags.
Awhile ago I had crocheted one. I hated it. (However, my daughter loved it and uses it every day!) This one was fun! I used about 20 bags of different colors (leftovers from our Christmas shopping trips!) and #15 needles. It's not very big, but it was just enough to let me know that I could do it, it was alot of fun and alot of work! Would I do it again? Probably not. But maybe.

Now, today, I must get back to my 'regular' knitting!!


My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Ps. 62:1-2

No comments: