Friday, January 13, 2006


Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men. Titus 3:1


Ok, here it is. My first attempt at crocheting with strips cut from a plastic bag. Nothing about it is perfect. This is my 'guinea pig' peice! It is about 14"X 24". Too small for a good rug. But good for practise. It looks kind of neat! It takes just a bit more 'work' than using yarn, just because it is not as easy to work with as yarn. Not as stretchy and slippery. To be honest, I'm not really sure if I will be making another one. I will see how well it holds up to any kind of useage! I recieved some terrific rug patterns from a new freind. (Thanks, SheWolf!) Now I really want to make a rug with either multiple strands of yarn or with fabric strips. My mom makes quilts and has been saving the edging that she cuts off for me. ... hmmm, I may even play around with those and see if I can make a hat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy!
Let me be the first to comment on your plastic bag rugs here in your blog. I think it turned out wonderful! I sure look forward to reading more of your blogs. In order for me to post a comment I had to start my own so I would like to invite you to view it, theres not much there but anyhow it's, shewolf33den.blogspot.com (I think LOL)
Anyhow Nancy, I also wanted to say your welcome for the hat patterns! If I come across more I will surely let you know. Have a wonderfuld day!!

SheWolf