Thursday, August 03, 2006

Last Thurs morning I met with my mom and the hospice nurse at the nursing home and decided to bring my dad home. The hospice nurse made the arrangements to have the equipment delivered to the house in the afternoon and transportation to take him there in the evening. I sent my mom home to take a nap and get everything ready and set up. I stayed with my dad for the day. While he was taking naps off and on during the day, I knitted this pink hat with the stripes. At the very end of the day, just before they came to get us and as I was finishing it up, my dad commented on how lost I would be without my knitting. That was the first and only time he has ever said anything about my knitting.
On Friday night I grabbed this purple one to take along with me over to their place to work on. I was staying the night there with him and I figured I probably won't sleep much. I got maybe an hour or so of work done on it. Then he got real bad. And passed away several hours later. We buried him yesterday and I finished this hat this morning.
Of course these hats will go to my charity projects, but these two will always have a special place in my heart. I am sure God has a very special head already planned for them.
The planter is one of the many that were at the funeral home. My mom asked which one I would like to have and I told her it didn't matter as long as it was something that had real plants in it. As it ended up, not only does it have a wide variety of plants but also has a Monarch butterfly pick. How incrediable!
Now we need to move on.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: REJOICE!!. Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard you hearts and you minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:4-6


No comments: