Thursday, December 27, 2007


More spring flowers.
Can you tell that I am ready for spring?!
It was sunny and 42 degrees here yesterday. I'm ready to plant something!



Current WIP.
This is my 'comfort knitting'. At least for now. As I re-adjust from 6 weeks of holiday stress to weeks of winter downtime. I'm sure my brain will kick into gear and I will soon have so many projects started that I won't be able to keep track of them all! But for now, I am continuously, happily amazed at how comforting and soothing knitting is. How what is on my needles in my hands directly reflects my mental state at the time! I am getting so much enjoyment from this afghan. But, since Sept, it hasn't interested me in the least. It just sat there, beside my chair, and patiently waited. Knowing I would get back to it. It may very well get put aside again before it is finished. That's ok. It will still be waiting for me the next time I need it. When it is finished it will bless some small child that I will never meet. Knitting for charity is definitly a double blessing!!

For a man's ways are in full view of the Lord,
and He examines all his paths.
Prov. 5:21

2 comments:

ToxicPanda said...

I just recently started to knit and it is so hard! Now when I see something somebody has knit, I look at it in a whole different way. Your really good!

pinkangel said...

Hey Nancy........I knew that yarn would call when it is ready. I love the log cabin. Is that from Mason Dixon Knitting? OH someday I would like to try it. What size do you think it will be?