Saturday, June 10, 2006

gift set for my dad

I am finally finished with the sweater and matching hat for my dad.



We had thought that his first chemo would be this last week. But things changed and his first treatment will be next Friday. That freed up the entire day on Thurs. for me. I was pretty excited. I had wanted so badly to be able to have this done before his first treatment. I have been working feverishly the past 2 1/2 days to get it completed. It is done. And it is in the washer/dryer as I type. We will be taking it over to him later this morning.
The pattern was found in Knit 'N Style April 2005. (with my own little changes of course!) I used RedHeart SuperSaver yarn in Heather Grey. I am happy to have it finished just because I know he really needs something warm and cuddly right now and I am in a hurry to get it to him. But this is the most challenging project I have ever tackled. And I really enjoyed working on it!
Of course, now I have to get back to my hats for charity, but I am already thinking ahead to another sweater!

The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. James 5:11

4 comments:

Sue said...

Your sweater turned out beautifully! And I like the hat, too. Your dad will be very happy to get them.

Knitcrazy said...

Your Dads Sweater looks Great .. also the hat !!!

Nice style and color!!!

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

Mimi said...

I just love the colors you used. It turned out very nice.

pinkangel said...

The sweater and hat are beautiful**just like all the work you do. I know your Dad will cherish this.........Diane