Sunday, July 15, 2007

About 2 weeks ago I put a Monarch caterpillar in my bug catcher. Ten days ago he made his cocoon. I was disappointed to have missed it. I knew he was getting ready to do his thing. I checked him over, grabbed a cup of coffee and came in to check my e-mail, but the time I got back to the kitchen he was done!
When I got up yesterday morning I noticed that the cocoon had gone from a bright green with a sparkley gold ring around it, to a translucent black. As I was drinking my morning coffee I watched as the orange and white specks appeared. This time I brought him with me to the computer. And wouldn't you know, I turned my head just for a minute to type a few lines and POP! out he comes! I missed it again!
But then I did get to watch as he uncurled his wings and dried off.
What a amazing thing to watch.


After a few hours I took him outside and put him on a Butterfly Weed plant. I watched him for awhile and had a great little photo shoot! Then, believe it or not, I got sidetracked watching a Hummingbird and missed him actually flying off!!
I know where there is another caterpillar, maybe I will have to try again!!

But love your enemies, do good to them and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
Luke 6:35-36

1 comment:

Jan said...

How Marvelous!