Thursday, July 05, 2007

Today is pumpkin update day!

This is Pumpkin #1
He was measured on 7/1 at 25"
and again last night at 26"


This is Pumpkin #2
He was measured on 7/1 at 23"
and again last night at 23"

We had nearly a week of cooler temps: in the mid 50's at night, mid 70's during the day.
We have had a total of 2" of rain since the first of May.
Even with my every other day watering, I'm beginning to wonder if it is enough. In the middle of June, each pumpkin was growing an inch a day. Now they have nearly stopped and it looks to me like they want to start turning color.
I hate to say this, but I'm beginning to think that my BIG pumpkin growing fun for this year may be done.
I guess that means I will need to start concentrating on something else! Ok, I have 2 date trees and 4 white grapefruit trees that I have started from seed in the house. And I still have the 3 citrus trees from Doris that I am hoovering over! I guess I will have to stick to houseplants this season!

Do not let your heart envy sinners,
but always be zealous for the fear of the Lord.
Prov. 23:17


No comments: