Friday, July 06, 2007

Updates on inside growing stuff!

This is White Grapefruit seeds that have sprouted!
I picked up a couple of very ripe grapefruit on the markdown rack at the grocery store a few weeks ago. The first one didn't have many seeds in it, but, boy oh boy, the second one did!! I got all of them to sprout, but I only put 4 of them in dirt. Here is just 2 of them! I don't know how I ended up with 3 stems out of 2 seeds!


Here are my date trees.
Little story behind these!
My Uncle had given us a tray of dried fruit in December 2005. According to the label, it had been outdated for a couple of months. Of course, it all still tasted wonderful! The dates still had the pits in them. I just threw a couple of them in a container I have sitting in the kitchen. A couple of months ago, I found them and decided to see what I could do with them. And here is what I've got! I only saved 2 seeds and now I have 2 beautiful plants!
It is truly amazing! Outdated, dried fruit, old seeds=gorgeous new growth!


Here are the cotton squares that I have been working on.
When I get about 12 more of them done, I will put them all together.
I am loving working with so much fun color!

Apply your heart to instruction
and your ears to words of knowledge.
Prov. 23:12

No comments: