Tuesday, July 17, 2007


I took this picture of Gallardia seed pods a few weeks ago.
To me, these represent, in a nutshell, 'it's all in how you see it'.
Let me explain. Growing up, I was always told to deadhead the flowers. It was a 'have to do' job of gardening. In the last few years, due to lifestyle changes, I have had to re-think alot of the thinking I learned as a child. One of them was learning that just because one person sees a situation one way, doesn't mean the next person sees the same situation the same. My family would see these seed pods as 'yukky'! A source of concern and irritation because it is a job not done. I have learned that other people see these seed pods as beautiful. So soft and fuzzy and a great sense of peace because nature is taking it's course and providing such beauty.


A weed.
But as you can see from the brown grass behind it, it's about the only thing growing in our yard right now!


Hat worked on the loom.

Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit.
Ps. 32:1-2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your picture today, it is true that everyone see things in their own way, Ilove everything that grows. After my Dad told me how good worms were for the garden, I had pet worms in my room. I was a little kid then. Today I cut Lavender to dry,later I wiil make sachets with it. the garden is full of wonders.
Rita