Saturday, May 13, 2006

another knit day!!

Well, as you can see, another cloudy, rainy, chilly day here. I took this picture yesterday on our way home from town. These are 2 of the 4 wind turbines at the Wood. Co. landfill. Something about them just fascinates me! I love going that way home and seeing them.

Not much else going on, so I thought I'd give you a quick glimpse at 'my knitting corner'! And my current projects. Of course, it changes by the minute. At this very moment, I have one hat started on the green KK loom and one on the red KK loom. On the needles I have one hat on size 8's in purples, one on size 8's in grays, and two on size 6's: one in oranges and one in a pale green with tangerine. I have one in waiting to be done on 10's in Lion Brand Homespun. All of the yarn is donated, so for the most part I can't tell you what the yarn is that I am working with. Most of my yarn donations are from people who have started projects, removed labels and are just passing along thier 'leftovers'. Which is just fabulous for me because it gives me the excuse to play with lots of color!! My dad is going through some serious health issues right now so I am just knitting plain, basic hat pattern. Nothing fancy. Simple 2X2 ribbing, st stitch until the peice measures about 8 inches, decrease over 5 rows, stitch up the back. I have to keep things cast on and ready to go for long waiting room visits. However, I am already thinking I need something just a bit more challenging to be working on here at home! But that is still in the thinking process!

And here are my latest.

With another crappy weather day in store, looks like another 'knit day' for me!! YEAH!!


Think of the last think you prayed about-were you devoted to your desire or to God? Was your determination to get some gift of the Spirit for yourself or to get the God? "For you Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him" (Matt 6:8) The reason for asking is so you may get to know God better. "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. (Ps. 37:4). We should keep praying to get a perfect understanding of God Himself. (O. Chambers)

No comments: