Saturday, May 20, 2006

dad's sweater

My dad is having some health issues right now. So he has had to slow down this last month or so. My mom says that he gets chilly. So I decided that I would like to knit him something useful. First, I found this marvelous pattern! I will make it large enough that it will be easy for him to get on and off. I was thinking of doing it in shades of brown. But then, one of our local chain stores had RedHeart yarn on sale. We were standing in the aisle looking at all of the different colors and this multi-color gray just 'spoke' to me!! And Hubby agreed! So gray it is!

Came home last night, and after what seemed like an eternity, finally got the gage that I needed and got a good start on it!

This coming week will be quite alot of time sitting in waiting rooms with my mom while my dad has tests and such so I don't know how much I will be able to get done. I want this to be a surprise, so I will work on hats while I'm there. This sweater will just be a 'work-at-home' project.


..the power of God, who saved us and called us to a holy life-not because of anything we have done but because of His own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time. 2 Tim. 1:9

1 comment:

Suzetta said...

Prayers for you and your family. I think the heathery gray will make up very nice. Your dad will love the sweater because YOU made it. Every stitch filled with love.