Thursday, July 06, 2006

Sunflower and Hollyhocks greeting the morning sunshine!!

Check out this little ladybug. She caught my eye. She is the same color as the flower. She was the pinkest pink ladybug I have ever seen!!


Knitted hats. I am really enjoying trying out all these new stitch patterns. However, they don't all come out perfect! For instance, the white one came out huge! But I love the pattern! I will be doing it again, trying a different color and not doing so many repeats. I love the green one except that I messed up about 8 rows right in the middle! But if I don't tell anyone, it does kind of look like I meant to do it!! I mean, it's not totally yukky!!

I played in the gardens all day yesterday. But didn't take any pictures. Here are just a couple from this morning. I just needed to get out with my morning coffee and see how things were going!!


If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land. Is. 1:19

1 comment:

Lily said...

I saw your post on beginning spinners and had to visit. Learn all you can from the web. Some links
http://www.joyofhandspinning.com/
http://www.icanspin.com/
It can definitely be an expensive hobby as with anything else. If you want to try it, then I suggest a learn to spin kit from fiber suppliers. Get a good drop spindle though. Don't settle for the basic ones. That is the cheapest way to get started on a good foot. If at all possible take a class or go to spin guild meetings. They are worth a long drive. I found it difficult to teach myself spinning on a wheel with out in person guidance.

By all means lurk in every spin list and forum. I do! There is so much to learn. And by all means find newby spinners. Learn from their mistakes. Feel free to learn from mine.