Monday, October 22, 2007




Last week was such a ‘rough’ week of knitting. Last night I spent some time at the frog pond. What a liberating experience! I feel SO much better!!
Let me explain. I finally decided on a simple top-down raglan cardigan sweater for these babies. I got started. All was going well. Then I came to the sleeves. I was 4 stitches off. I don’t know why. But I thought, ’it’s ok, I can fudge it when I get finished with the body. So I spent ALL day yesterday knitting the body of this sweater. Always looking at those armholes and thinking, ’wow, that looks bad, hope I can fix it’. Well, I finished the body and went to pick up the stitches for the sleeves, worked about 2 rows and decided, ’there is NO way this is going to work’. Rip it, rip it, rip it. It is now way past my bedtime, but I re-counted, re-knitted and now am happily on my way! I spent all day yesterday so frustrated with this sweater. I get up this morning so happy and excited about it now and eager to get going. At first I was heart broken at the thought of a totally wasted knitting day. I haven’t had too many of those lately and I wanted it so badly! But I am so happy with this sweater now!! What do they say, ’all’s well that ends well’! BTW, it was a typo in the pattern that caused the problem! Not my knitting!


And, yes, I did spend some time on the bike getting rid of some frustration!

"Neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared.
"Go now and leave your life of sin."
John 8:11

No comments: