Monday, October 01, 2007


Here are 13 Black Swallowtail Butterfly caterpillars.
After taking this picture, I went out to the garden and found more! I now have 30!
Here's my thinking: I keep finding these little critters in our patch of dill in the middle of the flower beds. I know that as soon as they are big, they will drop off and crawl away to find a place to make a cocoon and winter over. But as soon as it frosts, we will be running the mower through the entire flower bed, so chances are they will be killed. So I am bringing them in. I will let them cocoon in the box, then take the box out to the barn. In the spring I will set it outside and open the lid and as they hatch they can fly away!

Here is one of them that I found yesterday. He had just finished shedding.


I was given an generous donation of beautiful yarn yesterday!
THANK YOU, NONA!!!

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
1 Tim. 6:10


No comments: