Sunday, June 10, 2007


Child's sweater for charity.

This sweater just seemed to give me problems. I was so excited about the yarn! I love the colors and the way they all came together. Hubby says it looks like stripes of the sunrising over Lake Huron! It took me forever to find a stitch pattern that I was excited about. I finally decided to use Little Pyramids from About.com. After that, I don't know what happened. Some projects just seem to all come together in one perfect harmony. Not this one. I love all the seperate elements of it, but they just didn't seem to all what to come together. Of course, now that it is done and I can look at the big picture, I'm pretty happy with it.


Yesterday evening, as Hubby was grilling some chicken for supper I sat on the deck and worked on a simple hat for a while. Just clearing my head of any challenging knitting.
BTW, what a perfect way to spend a perfect Saturday late afternoon! Sitting on the back deck with my knitting and my iced tea while watching the birds and chatting with my lover!

Welcome to Sunday morning!
After a couple of cups of coffee, I decided a quiet Sunday morning was the perfect time to get started on another child's sweater! Got the math/measurements/stitch & row counting done, went up and found some beautiful yarn and got cast on! Ready to go! (as if I have nothing else on the needles to be finished!!)

The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold,
but the Lord tests the heart.
Prov. 17:3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute sweater, Nancy. The colors are lovely. Some child will be so happy to have such a beautiful thing.