Friday, August 24, 2007


For the baby blankets that I am knitting, I finally decided to do a 'sampler' afghan worked in 9 inch squares. At first I was thinking of doing two logcabin afghans, but then decided that I would feel more comfortable with a more portable project right now. Just too many other things going on. Here are the first 4 squares for each afghan. It is the letters A, B, C & D. The rest of the squares will be animals and stitch patterns.

Look what I woke up to this morning!
My first Black Swallowtail Butterfly hatched!
This is the one that accidentally came in the house as an egg on some dill that I had picked. We watched him eat and grow and make a cocoon and now he has hatched and I have let him go!


Hubby brought me this catepillar a couple of days ago. When I looked in on him this morning, I found this! He is shedding! I had no idea that fuzzy catepillars shed! How exciting!


I found this guy on my Butterfly Weed plant this morning and brought him in. It will be fun to see what he looks like when he grows up! He sure is interesting now!!

If the Lord delights in a man's way, He makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with His hand.
Ps. 37:23-24

1 comment:

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Nancy, The squares for the baby afghans are beautiful. The colors are great and look like a lot of fun to knit.
I normally just lurk on the group, but wanted to say I enjoyed the visit to your blog.
Love the scriptures on your site. :)
http://foothillsofthegreatsmokymountains.blogspot.com/