Thursday, August 02, 2007


The logcabin afghan.
From Mason-Dixon Knitting.
Using WW yarn on size 9 circular.
Finished size is 42x42.
(THANK YOU, KATIE, for the yarn!)
I could have easily finished this blanket several days before I did. This has been the most 'interesting' afghan I have ever done. I didn't want to finish it! Usually when I am working on a large project, but the time I get to the end, I am getting excited about finishing it and already have plans for my next project. This time it was different. I knew it was time to be finishing it off. Didn't want it to get too wide. But I enjoyed it so much! And I didn't think I had enough yarn to make another one. When I got down to the last couple of rows I put it down and worked on something else for an entire day just so I wouldn't finish it!! I have never had that happen before! It was freaky! But by that evening I was up in my yarn stash, digging up enough yarn so I could get started on another on. Then it was ok and I went ahead and finished this one. This next one will be more like a 'scrap' afghan, with lots of different colors. Have to mix and match to get enough yarn! But that's ok! I LOVE alot of color! I was just so surprised at the way I didn't want to finish this one! How much I enjoyed all that mindless knitting. I must have needed it to help me mentally get through the last few months.


Check out these butterflies!!
You know what this means, right???!!
CATEPILLARS!!!!

Show the wonder of Your great love, You who save by Your right hand those who take refuge in You from their foes.
Ps. 17:7

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I love your log cabin afghan!!
I have that book and I might have to make on myself.

Anonymous said...

both of the blankets are very nice. Did you use the MD book as a pattern for the green one. What do you mean, mindless kntting? Don't you have to pay attention to where you are going to do the next stripe? About hesitaing to finish, has to do with having invested so much of yourself, that it is sad it comes to and end. It is very normal.