Friday, August 10, 2007

The life cycle of my Tomato Worm!


Find a worm eating up the tomato plants!
After eating and sleeping and pooping until he gets really big and fat,
he digs down into the the dirt and...

..and makes a cocoon.


After 2-4 weeks (the 'book' says 2 weeks, mine took 4 weeks!),
he comes out...

..as a lovely Hawk Moth!!
This picture was taken shortly after coming out. Due to some personal/family issues, I couldn't spend much time with him, so I took him right outside and set him up high on a tree. I did go back about a half an hour later and he had 'grown' into his wings! They were the same length as his body.
I have two more here in the house that I am keeping an eye on, so I'm really hoping to be able to spend more time with the next one!

The Lord confides in those who fear Him;
He makes His covenant known to them.

Ps. 25:14

No comments: