Friday, August 03, 2007

For those of you who know me, you won't find today's post creepy.
For those who don't know me, now you will know I am crazy!


Last week, Hubby and I were out in the garden and he was commenting on wonderful the dill smells. (Of course, I can't imagine summer without the smell of fresh dill!) I always try to keep a small bouquet of fresh flowers on our dining room table. He says something about bringing in some dill for the smell, so I did. Well, last night as we are eating supper I see two little black things on my dill!! BABY CATEPILLARS!!!!
I took this picture before coffee this morning so it's not real clear, but you get the idea!
Of course, they will be staying with us until they become Black Swallowtail Butterflies!


Last evening we stepped out to take a look around and get some zuccini picked. I found a tomatoe worm!!! YAYYYY!! (that's him on the left!)
Then I got up this morning thinking, it is just so hot and dry out there!! Don't you think he would be happier here in the house? So I brought him in. (there on the right is his new home!) He settled in quite comfortably rather quickly and is already back to eating away!


I also found this Monarch catepillar while we were out yesterday.
And this morning I just had to bring him in too!

Both of these little critters will soon be making cocoons.
Of course, I will be taking pictures and keeping everyone posted of thier progress!



Two more hats worked on the loom.

Psalm 19
v.1: The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
v. 7&8: The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
(verses 1-6: 'God' is more of a general term, as anyone of any religion would say. Verses 7-14: 'The Lord' (Hebrew for Yahweh) is a personal name...The heavens declare the glory of God, but God's law reveals even more-His personal voice to His chosen people. He introduces Himself to them by His first name, as it were. )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,
You missed your calling as a lepidopterist!
My caterpillars left and I haven't seen my black swallowtails yet.
:-( My parsly plant has come back in full. At least Cinnamon is enjoying it!